Blogroll

6/30/13

"There are no small parts, only small actors."


"There are no small parts, only small actors." - Konstantin Stanislavisky

In other words, make the most of every opportunity!  Everything you do counts.  Someone is ALWAYS watching!

I promised I would share a personal testimony/praise report and here it is. Hopefully this will encourage somebody as you begin a new week. It's not about me. It's about you. But I'll tell you about me because I know about me and don't know much about you.

I have been blessed with a huge book of business recently. Big. Big, big. Praising God big. But it came disguised as something small. Here's the deal...

Several months ago I agreed to present at a small, free workshop early on a Saturday morning on the other end of existence from me. If you know anything about Houston traffic, you know that many people will absolutely avoid any occasion to get in the car even on the weekends on I-45 or I-10. Well, I had to get up and traverse both in Texas heat early in the morning on the other side of town - for free. I'll be honest and say that I really didn't want to be there and probably complained to myself all the way as I sat bumper-to-bumper in the heat.

But I went. I said I would go, so I went. That's what I do. No calling and canceling. No excuses. Just show up because I said I'd show up.

Anyway, I made it to the venue and a whole four people showed up. Maybe five. And I gave them my best. I was there so no reason to waste the opportunity. I gave them what I had. Gladly. Enthusiastically. Proudly. Whether one or one hundred, I was there and present.

What I didn't know is who was in attendance.  (You never know who's watching you.)  One of the people there was extremely influential, let's say, and opened the door to some fantastic opportunities for me.  I'm grateful.  Truly.  My enthusiasm, professionalism and expertise impressed.  They never forgot my effort and once they were in a position to call on me for something bigger, my phone rang.  And, Lord, am I grateful.

And it all started with making the most of every opportunity, not despising the day because it was small and giving it everything I had.  I hope to encourage you as you read this.  "The way you do anything is the way you do everything" as T. Harv Eker says, so go for it!  There is profit in all hard work!  Your efforts are never wasted!

Give today your absolute best and good things will come from it!











Mark Anthony McCray helps people live on PURPOSE, achieve higher PERFORMANCE and experience true PROSPERITY. Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you don't miss a thing and forward this to a friend if you found it helpful. All material © Copyright, Mark Anthony McCray unless otherwise noted!

He can be reached in the following ways:

Mark@LiveBIGDieEmpty.com
Phone: 281-846-5720
Twitter: @LiveBIGDieEmpty
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LiveBIGDieEmpty
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markanthonymccray/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103149858138414160703/posts
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/markanthonymccray
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/markmccray/

Click HERE for information on Mark as a speaker or presenter and HERE to learn about coaching programs to help you realize your potential and live more prosperously!

0 comments:

Post a Comment