Blogroll

6/5/11

The Principle That Changed My Life


I finally get it.

Life is about choices. We reap the harvests of the seeds we've sown - of the choices we've made. This is all of life. Paul reminds in Galatians 6:7 that we reap what we sow...always. Therefore, we must sow wherever we want a harvest - and in proportion to the size of harvest we desire (2 Corinthians 9:6).

“While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”
Genesis 8:22


God promises in his word that the laws of sowing and reaping, or seedtime and harvest, will be in effect as long as there is an Earth. In fact, just as certain as we are there will be a tomorrow, we should be just as certain we will receive a harvest on the seeds that we have sown.

Think about that for a moment. Think about how sure we are that tomorrow will come. When people are going through their most difficult times, they console themselves with statements that tomorrow will be a new day. There are even songs written about it... ”the sun will come out tomorrow! Tomorrow! Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...”

Think about how sure you are there will be a tomorrow and transfer your certainty to your thinking about seedtime and harvest. God tells us they go along together, so we must never doubt this fact of life.

People always say "you reap what you sow" as a negative - like we're due the punishments coming to us. True. Sometimes God gives us grace to lessen the sting, but it's still true. But here's the other side of the coin: WE REAP WHAT WE SOW! We can sow towards good, super, abundant harvests, too!


The laws of sowing and reaping apply to all areas of our lives: our money, our businesses, our health, our relationships. Everywhere. Solomon even says you have to show yourself friendly if you want to have friends. We see even having healthy relationships require us to sow into them.


Each of us has to sow towards any harvest we want. If we want better health, we sow towards it better habits. If we want a loving spouse, we sow compliments and affection. If a Believer wants financial prosperity, I believe he or she must sow seed into the kingdom of God. If a business needs more customers, it must sow advertising into the market.


This is my key area of focus right now. I MUST, MUST, MUST make sure I'm sowing seeds towards the harvests that I desire. For me that includes my health, my money, my relationships, my business and my ministry above all! I'm stepping up and sowing seeds to bring my money and businesses to a new level!

************************************************************************************************

Mark Anthony McCray is the Founder of "Live BIG, Die Empty" a movement designed to help people live life more abundantly and walk in the purposes for which they were created. Write me at markanthonymccray@gmail.com for more information or call 832-566-2001. Follow Mark on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/MARKMCCRAY and http://www.twitter.com/LiveBigDieEmpty

If you're interested in learning more about Mark Anthony McCray and having him speak to your group, here's a complete bio: MEET MARK ANTHONY McCRAY!