Blogroll

8/26/13

My Wall of Gratitude


I heard about this idea years ago. About a decade really. This is what's called a Wall of Gratitude and it's designed to help you remember and celebrate the goodness that's in your life. (Too often we focus on what we lack.) This is mine. This is 100% how I have it in my journal with corrections only for my chicken-scratch induced misspellings when I wrote these out by hand. I'd like to share them with you.

This list represents some of the people for whom I am truly grateful, but have never felt as if I have had an adequate opportunity to thank properly.  Bear with me because my list is very long. There are a lot of people who have helped me in large and small ways for which I am eternally grateful. There’s a fair chance a lot of people I’m about to list don’t even know how much they have impacted my journey through life.

Alvin and Dorothy McCray for being the best parents and support system ever.
Timothy and LaTanya McCray for being in my corner.
Pastor Thaddeus Eastland for helping me put the pieces of my life back together.
My Facebook Friends for reading my rants when I needed some therapy.
Paul Grohman, John Cruise and Steven Kaufman for teaching me about excelling in business.
Christian Smith and Leroy Nellis for teaching me that excellence comes through teamwork.
Duncan Butler for showing me there was more in me than I could see.
Tipton Ross, Bill Morrow and Eileen Kret for knocking off some of the rough edges off a country boy.
Janice Marshall for expecting a young kid from Texarkana to do something with his life.
Melissa Gray for telling me how great I was even when I knew I wasn't that great.
My daughters (Kennedy, Courtney and Mackenzie) for loving their dad even when their dad wasn't being lovable.

To all of you, THANK YOU!!!

I have more.  Many more.  I probably need to do a second volume.  In fact, I think I'll start on that right away.  More people already come to mind.

Now start your own Wall of Gratitude! Better yet, why not share here somebody for whom you're grateful!? Tag them. Let them know how much you appreciate them. Focus on good things and watch more good things come into your life!









Mark Anthony McCray helps people live on PURPOSE, achieve higher PERFORMANCE and experience true PROSPERITY. Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you don't miss a thing and forward this to a friend if you found it helpful. All material © Copyright, Mark Anthony McCray unless otherwise noted!

He can be reached in the following ways:

Mark@LiveBIGDieEmpty.com
Phone: 281-846-5720
Twitter: @LiveBIGDieEmpty
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LiveBIGDieEmpty
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markanthonymccray/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103149858138414160703/posts
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/markanthonymccray
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/markmccray/

Click HERE for information on Mark as a speaker or presenter and HERE to learn about coaching programs to help you realize your potential and live more prosperously!

0 comments:

Post a Comment