Blogroll

7/23/13

How The Best Make It Look Easy


"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my ax." - Abraham Lincoln, Kind of a Memorable Guy

People say they best make it look easy. That's true! But that's because they're often up late getting sharper while others sleep. It's hard work making things look easy!  I'm working on myself this week by studying Christian Coaching by Gary R. Collins, PhD and Start Where You Are by Chris Gardner of The Pursuit of Happyness fame.  Both in terms of moving parts of my vision forward and in helping others do the same, I've grown a lot already.  Also, reading excites me.  It focuses me.  It motivates me to achieve more and whenever I'm in the middle of a good book I wonder why I don't read more! (I read a lot.)


For you, remember to keep your ax sharp! Here are some ways to get started today:

1. Read to expand your horizons.  I like to read biographies that tell me the stories of others' lives or books that show me parts of the world I've not yet seen.  They spark my imagination!
2. Study to deepen your knowledge.  If there's a more specific area you want to improve in, why not find three to five books on that single topic and dive in!  Increase your expertise to increase your income.
3. Meet new people.  You can learn from anybody and what better way than to put yourself in a position to see another point of view?
4.  Ask challenging questions.  It is said that your life expands or contracts in relation to the questions you ask.  Ask better questions and you'll get better answers.

A dull instrument might be able to get the job done, but it will take a whole lot longer.  That's exactly the way you might feel right now.  Maybe your edge has become worn down from much use?  No crime in that.  Be wise to slow down and get your edge back.

What are some other ways to sharpen your ax? Let me know!








Mark Anthony McCray helps people live on PURPOSE, achieve higher PERFORMANCE and experience true PROSPERITY. Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you don't miss a thing and forward this to a friend if you found it helpful. All material © Copyright, Mark Anthony McCray unless otherwise noted!

He can be reached in the following ways:

Mark@LiveBIGDieEmpty.com
Phone: 281-846-5720
Twitter: @LiveBIGDieEmpty
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LiveBIGDieEmpty
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markanthonymccray/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103149858138414160703/posts
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/markanthonymccray
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/markmccray/

Click HERE for information on Mark as a speaker or presenter and HERE to learn about coaching programs to help you realize your potential and live more prosperously!

0 comments:

Post a Comment