I am often asked about the books that I've read or am reading. Glad to help! Harry S. Truman - "Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers." Straight to the point, then, are twelve books that I think can change your life!
1. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell - This is one book I wish had been written and I had read years and years ago. Truly remarkable! I've recommended this book to dozens.
2. The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason - Money management and mentality management using a timeless storytelling technique. A must-read!
3. His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Dr. Willard Harley - The title kind of says it all. Phenomenal book that is real and not at all judgmental.
4. The Sales Monster by Mark Anthony McCray - I am biased to include this one, but I've seen so many business owners and entrepreneurs struggle with this one fundamental aspect of business - asking for the money!
5. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - Every person of influence is a leader whether they want to be or not. This book teaches you how to be responsible in your leadership.
6. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli - This isn't what most people think. It's actually based on ethics more than you might have imagined. It has suffered from decades of misquoting and misinterpretations.
7. Abraham Lincoln by James McPherson. - President Lincoln was a truly transcendent figure in the history of the world. Clearly. He also successfully handled any number of personal and interpersonal challenges along his way in life. Worth reading.
8. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill - It's about the journey and the person you become along the way. Don't think this book is about greed. It's really about YOU.
9. The Millionaire Mind by Thomas Stanley - Along with The Millionaire Next Door, these are fantastic reads. I like "The Millionaire Mind" a little more because the author includes the practical steps and thought patterns up-and-coming millionaires employed during their rises.
10. You Can Negotiate Anything: The World's Best Negotiator Tells You How to Get What You Want by Herb Cohen - This man is FUNNY and really makes you think about how the game of negotiation is played so that EVERYBODY wins.
11. Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not! by Robert Kiyosaki You have to read this before you read The Cashflow Quandrant. So, really, I'm recommending both! It is the Cashflow Quadrant that I think is truly brilliant.
12. Becoming a Person of Influence: How to Positively Impact the Lives of Others by John Maxwell - I recommend John Maxwell because he writes from a spiritual perspective without clubbing you over the head. Good man. You'll like him if you don't know him yet.
Why twelve? Because twelve gives you a book per month for 2013 and will help ensure it is your best year ever!!
Can you think of any that I missed?
Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you don't miss a thing and forward this to a friend if you found it helpful. Comments? Please share them below!