In the previous blog, we talked about The Thermostat Principle. Now, as promised, here are the first five things you need to change to adjust your thermostat settings!
1. Your thinking: As a man or woman THINKS in their heart... What is the content of your thinking? Challenge yourself to think about higher thoughts, to dream bigger dreams. Because your thoughts become your speech...
2. Your speaking: Death and life are in the power of the tongue. (Even if you have stray thoughts) Don't allow yourself to have stray words. What comes out of your mouth kills and gives life. Also, your words become your decisions...
3. Your small decisions: Every decision matters. Every choice you make counts. You're always going towards your vision or away from it with everything you do so make this work to your advantage. This is critical because your small decisions become habits...
4. Your habits: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle Habits are the sum of the small decisions you make over and over. Habit is not a bad word. The question about a habit is what direction is it leading you? Towards your image of your best self or away from it? Take a look at your habits and decide for yourself. Also, you've heard it said before and here it is again. You can't stop a bad habit; you have to replace it with a good one. Work on this. It will be hard, but necessary. Because your habits are your character. You can't forever say, "I do this, but I'm NOT that!" Eventually, your habits are who are you are... We also call that character.
5. Your character: "Character is destiny." - Hericlitus The person who develops a great character never has to worry about what life has in store for them. They will always prevail. It is inevitable. Character IS destiny.
Mark Anthony McCray helps people live on PURPOSE, achieve higher PERFORMANCE and experience true PROSPERITY. Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you don't miss a thing and forward this to a friend if you found it helpful. All material © Copyright, Mark Anthony McCray unless otherwise noted!
He can be reached in the following ways:
Click HERE for information on Mark as a speaker or presenter and HERE to learn about coaching programs to help you realize your potential and live more prosperously!