Blogroll

5/4/12

How can you be IMPORTUNATE today?


How can you be IMPORTUNATE today? Not even sure what I mean? Keep reading!

"Then He said to them, “Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and from inside he answers and says, ‘Do not bother me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.’ I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his PERSISTENCE he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened."
~Luke 11:5-10 (NASB)

I actually like verse 8 in the KJV a lot more because it uses the word "importunity" instead of "persistence" - and importunity is a powerful word! To be importunate is far beyond being persistent. It is to be troublesome to the point of almost being disrespectful. It is being inappropriate. It is being unbending even though you are undeserving.

An importune person is a person who will not be denied and the Lord says THAT is the way to be when you want something!

Talk to you again soon! I can't wait to hear your testimonies! Please remember to SUBSCRIBE (using the form to the right on this blog!) and also leave me your comments so I know how to serve you better!! If this was helpful, forward it to a friend. Talk to you soon! Please subscribe and visit me on my Live BIG! Die Empty. Facebook page!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment