Blogroll

6/24/12

Guarding Your Thoughts


Why are you who you are? Why are you where you are? Where will you be tomorrow?

This is really basic today.  You are who you are because of the way you think about yourself. You are where you are in life because of the ways you've processed thoughts. You will be where you will be tomorrow because of how you think today.  I wish this had been more suspenseful. This is one of those "it is what it is" moments. A wise man once wrote it this way: "Carefully guard your thoughts because they are the source of true life."

  • Your thoughts become your fantasies.
  • Your fantasies lead to feelings.
  • Feelings become acts.
  • Acts become habits.
  • Habits become your character.
  • Your character becomes your destiny.
I'll never forget the first time I heard that last part.  My business law professor told me as I was finishing up my MBA.  He meant it as an encouragement to me.  He was telling me that my life would turn out well because I was a man of character.  He didn't fill out the rest of the formula for me, however.  I took me a while to put it all together.  Turns out he was 100% right.

Your dominant thoughts always become your destiny.  Watch what you think.  Only think on things that will take you the direction you want to go.  No exceptions!  No exceptions ever!  Focus on the content of your thinking and the rest will take care of itself.

One of the ways you can guard your thoughts is by making sure you're reading motivational, educational and inspirational material all the time.  Subscribe to this blog for some good brain and soul food!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment