Blogroll

6/10/12

"5 Things to Communicate to the Woman in Your Life Everyday"

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.   Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.   Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.   Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." ~Ephesians 4:29-32


So much to say about the power of our words that I can't even begin to do it service.  We already know that the power of life and death are in our tongues.  Don't we realize that applies to our intimate relationships, too?  Of course it does.  Maybe more so because we can directly impact another person's attitudes, moods and responses to us with everything that comes out of our mouth.  We can create life or kill.




I've been too negative in the past.  I repent.  I can't remain that way if I expect to have a woman in my life who's thriving and growing because of MY influence in her life.  I must learn how to always EDIFY and always minister with everything I speak.   I think I'm pretty good, but I've let some words slip that made other people feel like I doubted them.  That's no good.  I was only speaking out of my own insecurities and stresses at the moment.  I've got to tame my tongue better!

I learned a few things from a friend recently about this.  With some help, I came up with five things that we men need to communicate (say or demonstrate) to the women in our lives often (maybe daily).  These are all tied to some of the most common insecurities women have.  We've got to help promote health in those we love.  I'll talk about the five things women should communicate to the man in their lives soon.

1. I love you. Women need to know that they are valued and cherished.  She needs to know she's special to you.  This is one we want to say all the time if we can.  It's better for her to hear it too much than too little.  You can love her with your actions, but this is one she needs to hear, too.


2. You are beautiful to me.  This continues to build her esteem from all the damaging words from her past.


3. I will show you a better me.  She needs to know that you're dedicated to working on yourself as a man.  She needs to know that you're receptive to her feedback and willing to take an honest look in the mirror from time to time.


4. I will never leave you or forsake you.  She will hear this as your pledge of fidelity to her and her alone.  She needs to know you value your covenant with her.  


5. I will protect you.  The need to feel secure is one of a woman's more basic needs.  We can't forget that.  A need is not a want.  She needs to know you're there for her.


These are pretty basic reminders for you.  I'm not saying you have to verbalize all of this all the time, but don't skimp.  Also, your actions speak loudly.  Demonstrate where you don't have the words.  



PS - Be sure to subscribe to this blog for regular updates to help you have the happy and healthy relationships you desire!  And... be sure to get your copy of "10 Things to Consider About a Man..." exclusively from Mark Anthony McCray today!


0 comments:

Post a Comment