Blogroll

7/12/11

Have You Ever Written a Values Statement?


Have you ever sat down and written down a Statement of Values? Successful corporations do this all the time. They are often posted around the halls of their facilities. It's just a fancy way of thinking and expressing what you stand for as a person.

I think everyone should take a moment to remind himself or herself what's important. For me, success is living in such a way that I will one day hear God say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." Therefore, I endeavor to live each day according to the following principles:

I LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART, SOUL, AND MIND.
I serve my God with passion and commitment.

I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS AS MYSELF.
I show everyone respect. In everything, I do unto others as I would have them do unto me. I live at peace with all men whenever possible.

I WALK BY FAITH.
I know with God all things are possible and that He causes all things to work together for my good because I love Him and am called according to His purpose. I never limit Him by lowering my expectations.

I DELIVER ON MY COMMITMENTS.
I am a man of integrity and I do what I say I will do.

I GIVE AND FORGIVE.
I realize that I am only a steward of God's riches; I hold them with open hands. I forgive my brothers and sisters seventy-times seven times approaching them privately if they have sinned against me.

I SET GOD-SIZED GOALS.
I know I have a royal heritage and that God has called me to great things. He has come so that I might have life and that more abundantly.

I EXEMPLIFY EXCELLENCE.
I do not accept anything less than excellence from myself. I do not leave well enough alone.

I SERVE MY CHURCH AND COMMUNITY WITH PASSION.
I am a leader who leads by serving.

I HAVE FUN!
I believe life is a gift from God. I am thankful for it and help other people enjoy God's gifts with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment