Blogroll

2/16/12

8 Keys to Achieving Higher Performance in Your Purpose: Key #8 - What Are You Afraid Of?

I want you to hear me like never before as you read this blog, my last in this series. I have a question to ask you and I want you to really, really think about your answer.

What are you afraid of anyway?

What are you waiting on to get moving towards your dream and your vision? Are you waiting for permission? Well here it is! I hereby give you permission to step out on faith! I hereby give you permission to dare!! I hereby give you permission to overcome your fears!! Let's look at what Solomon had to say about fear and how you respond to it...

"The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, But the righteous are bold as a lion." ~Proverbs 28:1

"The lion which is mighty among beasts And does not retreat before any..." ~ Proverbs 30:30

Here's what the Word is telling you and I want you to get...YOU are the righteous and are supposed to be AS BOLD AS A LION and, furthermore, can you show me a challenge that makes a lion back down or retreat? NO YOU CAN'T!!! That's the bottom line. There is nothing that should ever make you turn away from pursuing your goal, your vision, your prey. NOTHING!!! (Wow. Why am I screaming so much today?)


I don't know if you're hearing me so let me say it again in a different way using Solomon's words.

"The sluggard says, “There is a lion in the road! A lion is in the open square!” ~Proverbs 26:13

In other words, it's time to shake off your excuses. There is no lion outside ready to eat you just like there is no boogie man in the closet. If anything, your opponents should be afraid to see YOU coming! So here's what I want you to do...something that used to terrify you! Make it a habit to do something that makes you terrified every single day to move towards your goals. You won't even recognize yourself after a while of making facing your fears a new habit. What are you afraid of anyway? That's right. NOTHING!!!

In case you're interested in being able to quickly navigate the entire series, here are the links!

Series Introduction
Key 1: Be Who You Are!
Key 2: Same Approaches = Same Results
Key 3: Change Your Associations
Key 4: The Least Appreciated Key
Key 5: Seek Favor
Key 6: Get Expert Help
Key 7: Open Your Mouth
Key 8: What Are You Afraid Of?

Please leave me your comments so I know how to serve you better!! If this was helpful, forward it to a friend. Talk to you soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment