Blogroll

1/27/12

8 Keys to Achieving Higher Performance in Your Purpose: Key #1 - Be Who You Are!


In the introduction to this series, I talked about getting intimate with your own special purpose. I believe that each of us was put here with a unique calling and a special mission. It may not always be grand, but it's yours. It is unique to you and you've been equipped for it. Check out what the Bible records as God's conversation with Jeremiah from Jeremiah 1:5-8:

"5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
6 Then I said, “Alas, Lord GOD!
Behold, I do not know how to speak,
Because I am a youth.”
7 But the LORD said to me,
“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
Because everywhere I send you, you shall go,
And all that I command you, you shall speak.
8 “Do not be afraid of them,
For I am with you to deliver you,” declares the LORD."


Please hear me on this point as you continue through your day: you are special. God knew you and planned for you and accounted for YOU in His eternal plan before you got here. You were always in His mind and never, never, ever and accident!

So, be who you are. No question this is the #1 thing I have "learned" and I'm walking in more powerfully than ever. I aim to be even more aggressively "me" in 2012. You have to determine in your mind to do the same. Just like Jeremiah, our first instinct is to give God and excuse! "I'm too young." "I'm too old." "I'm too short." "I'm too black." "If I had a wife, I would do it." "If I had a husband I could do it." "I'm too ______." Yap, yap, yap! You forget that He already knows. He created you with certain qualities for your mission. Some deficiencies He's allowed so He can get the glory.

Understand the distinction I'm making. Don't become overly concerned about being "better" at any particular task just yet. You're not going to prosper outside of your purpose anyway. There are many good things you are naturally, but you suppress them. Being authentically you will fix most of that and propel you forward in life.

Now go back and look at Verse 8. You don't have to be afraid to be yourself and do what you're here to do. Even if you have enemies, you have a Great Deliverer. Your worst imaginings of what could happen are just that. Imaginings.

Go forward. Be YOU!

In case you're interested in being able to quickly navigate the entire series, here are the links!

Series Introduction
Key 1: Be Who You Are!
Key 2: Same Approaches = Same Results
Key 3: Change Your Associations
Key 4: The Least Appreciated Key
Key 5: Seek Favor
Key 6: Get Expert Help
Key 7: Open Your Mouth
Key 8: What Are You Afraid Of?

Please leave me your comments so I know how to serve you better!! If this was helpful, forward it to a friend. Talk to you soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment