Blogroll

4/3/12

Are you with me or against me?

I hate to sound even remotely "negative" and if you know me, you know that. However, I need to reiterate my earlier post from my Live BIG! Die Empty. Facebook Page with a little bit of an explanation. I said "People who insist on measuring you only according to your past MUST NOT be allowed to be a part of your future!" It might be time to draw a line in the sand.


Your environment matters. A lot! One of the most limiting factors in many of your lives are external to you. The thoughts and opinions of you from those around you matter. They really do. They can either restrict you or free you to grow and excel. Heck, the Bible said that even Jesus couldn't do many miracles in his hometown. It's vital and fearful to take careful account of those with whom you work, socialize and even worship. You will become more and more like those you spend more and more of your time with!

We've talked about this before. Do you need further anecdotal evidence? Studies show that most fortunes are made AFTER a person physically moves to a new city/environment. Read books like The Millionaire Next Door and see what the authors have to say about the power of what I call "positive peer pressure" in your life. All of us need an opportunity to define ourselves and set our path solely based on the Creator's design for us and what He's placed in our hearts.

Back to my original point. Sadly, there are those who will only allow you to be what you WERE when you're around them. You're going to have to decide if that's acceptable to you. I'm not suggesting you cut off everyone, move to the other side of the planet and start over. There probably is someone, however, to whom you need to limit your exposure. On the other hand, the right people will push you to greater and greater heights!

Be careful to keep yourself around people who expect nothing but excellence from you. That's a key to Living BIG! and Dying Empty.

Please leave me your comments so I know how to serve you better!! If this was helpful, forward it to a friend. Talk to you soon! Please subscribe and visit me on my Live BIG! Die Empty. Facebook page!!




2 comments:

I am just seeing and reading this! We have not talked but this is why I am no longer in Downtown Houston! Believing God and trusting Him and not really knowing anyone here; I know to most looks crazy but I had to draw the line; in love yet walking away because it has been the same thing for some years! When God spoke, showed and gave me what I am now doing - because it was a gift from God and came the way that it did without me going to school or recieving any formal training for it...... many flipped out!!!! My God it has been crazy; but because I was willing to walk away from "EVERYTHING" Mark Anthony McCray to pursue what God has given - many many critize, backstabbers, Judas and you name it began to surface...... my spirit, my soul nor my body can take anymore...... I CHOSE LIFE AND THAT MORE ABUNDANTLY! I KNOW WHAT GOD SPOKE AND IT IS VITAL FOR ME TO BE AROUND THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN GOD GIVING VISION AND INSIGHT AND PURPOSE!

THIS IS REALLY GOOD; I WAS NOT PLANNING ON SAYING ALL OF THIS BUT THIS ARTICLE PULLED ON ME AND I JUST STARTED WRITING.....LOL!
THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO MARK! BLESSINGS!

I'm a witness that this it the truth.

Post a Comment